NKCS Molecular Sieve Battery Setup comprises 2 M.S. vessels that are inter-connected with the pipeline of Nitrogen and Air. Each of the vessel of the batter is infused with molecular sieve of 1.5/ 3 mm type 13-X. This, further aids in the removal of carbon dioxide, moisture, any traces of Acetylene & other hydrocarbons existing in the process air. The NKCS Molecular Sieve Battery Setup is also equipped with a heater for regeneration, control panel with automated controls and temperature sensor. In case, the battery does not function properly moisture and CO2 will enter Air Separation Column, and form ice/ dry ice resulting in choking of heat exchanger tubes as well as other equipment eventually leading to stoppage of the Plant.
Some important spare parts needed for efficient functioning of the Molecular Sieve Battery are:
- Air inlet and outlet valves
- Molecular sieve & activated alumina
- Terminals for battery heater
- Nitrogen inlet and outlet valves
- Electric heating element
- Needle valves for pressurizing & de-pressurizing lines
- Temperature gauges along with capillary tube & mercury stem.